BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (LIN) – Nominations for the 85th Academy Awards were announced Thursday, January 10, by this year's Oscar host, Seth MacFarlane, and actress Emma Stone.
Academy members from each of the branches vote to determine the nominees in their respective categories – actors nominate actors, film editors nominate film editors, etc. In the Animated Feature Film and Foreign Language Film categories, nominees are selected by vote of multi-branch screening committees. All voting members are eligible to select the Best Picture nominees.
Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2012 will be presented on Sunday, February 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center, and televised live on the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries worldwide.
Nominations for the 85th Academy Awards
Performance by an actor in a leading role
- Bradley Cooper in "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Daniel Day-Lewis in "Lincoln"
- Hugh Jackman in "Les Misérables"
- Joaquin Phoenix in "The Master"
- Denzel Washington in "Flight"
Performance by an actor in a supporting role
- Alan Arkin in "Argo"
- Robert De Niro in "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Philip Seymour Hoffman in "The Master"
- Tommy Lee Jones in "Lincoln"
- Christoph Waltz in "Django Unchained"
Performance by an actress in a leading role
- Jessica Chastain in "Zero Dark Thirty"
- Jennifer Lawrence in "Silver Linings Playbook"
- Emmanuelle Riva in "Amour"
- Quvenzhané Wallis in "Beasts of the Southern Wild"
- Naomi Watts in "The Impossible"
Performance by an actress in a supporting role
- Amy Adams in "The Master"
- Sally Field in "Lincoln"
- Anne Hathaway in "Les Misérables"
- Helen Hunt in "The Sessions"
- Jacki Weaver in "Silver Linings Playbook"
Best animated feature film of the year
- "Brave" Mark Andrews and Brenda Chapman
- "Frankenweenie" Tim Burton
- "ParaNorman" Sam Fell and Chris Butler
- "The Pirates! Band of Misfits" Peter Lord
- "Wreck-It Ralph" Rich Moore
Achievement in cinematography
- "Anna Karenina" Seamus McGarvey
- "Django Unchained" Robert Richardson
- "Life of Pi" Claudio Miranda
- "Lincoln" Janusz Kaminski
- "Skyfall" Roger Deakins
Achievement in costume design
- "Anna Karenina" Jacqueline Durran
- "Les Misérables" Paco Delgado
- "Lincoln" Joanna Johnston
- "Mirror Mirror" Eiko Ishioka
- "Snow White and the Huntsman" Colleen Atwood
Achievement in directing
- "Amour" Michael Haneke
- "Beasts of the Southern Wild" Benh Zeitlin
- "Life of Pi" Ang Lee
- "Lincoln" Steven Spielberg
- "Silver Linings Playbook" David O. Russell
Best documentary feature
- "5 Broken Cameras" Emad Burnat and Guy Davidi
- "The Gatekeepers" Nominees to be determined
- "How to Survive a Plague" Nominees to be determined
- "The Invisible War" Nominees to be determined
- "Searching for Sugar Man" Nominees to be determined
Best documentary short subject
- "Inocente" Sean Fine and Andrea Nix Fine
- "Kings Point" Sari Gilman and Jedd Wider
- "Mondays at Racine" Cynthia Wade and Robin Honan
- "Open Heart" Kief Davidson and Cori Shepherd Stern
- "Redemption" Jon Alpert and Matthew O'Neill
Achievement in film editing
- "Argo" William Goldenberg
- "Life of Pi" Tim Squyres
- "Lincoln" Michael Kahn
- "Silver Linings Playbook" Jay Cassidy and Crispin Struthers
- "Zero Dark Thirty" Dylan Tichenor and William Goldenberg
Best foreign language film of the year
- "Amour" Austria
- "Kon-Tiki" Norway
- "No" Chile
- "A Royal Affair" Denmark
- "War Witch" Canada
Achievement in makeup and hairstyling
- "Hitchcock" Howard Berger, Peter Montagna and Martin Samuel
- "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" Peter Swords King, Rick Findlater and Tami Lane
- "Les Misérables" Lisa Westcott and Julie Dartnell
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original score)
- "Anna Karenina" Dario Marianelli
- "Argo" Alexandre Desplat
- "Life of Pi" Mychael Danna
- "Lincoln" John Williams
- "Skyfall" Thomas Newman
Achievement in music written for motion pictures (Original song)
- "Before My Time" from "Chasing Ice" Music and Lyric by J. Ralph
- "Everybody Needs A Best Friend" from "Ted" Music by Walter Murphy; Lyric by Seth MacFarlane
- "Pi's Lullaby" from "Life of Pi" Music by Mychael Danna; Lyric by Bombay Jayashri
- "Skyfall" from "Skyfall" Music and Lyric by Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth
- "Suddenly" from "Les Misérables" Music by Claude-Michel Schönberg; Lyric by Herbert Kretzmer and Alain Boublil
Best motion picture of the year
- "Amour" Nominees to be determined
- "Argo" Grant Heslov, Ben Affleck and George Clooney, Producers
- "Beasts of the Southern Wild" Dan Janvey, Josh Penn and Michael Gottwald, Producers
- "Django Unchained" Stacey Sher, Reginald Hudlin and Pilar Savone, Producers
- "Les Misérables" Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner, Debra Hayward and Cameron Mackintosh, Producers
- "Life of Pi" Gil Netter, Ang Lee and David Womark, Producers
- "Lincoln" Steven Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, Producers
- "Silver Linings Playbook" Donna Gigliotti, Bruce Cohen and Jonathan Gordon, Producers
- Dark Thirty" Mark Boal, Kathryn Bigelow and Megan Ellison, Producers
Achievement in production design
- "Anna Karenina" Production Design: Sarah Greenwood; Set Decoration: Katie Spencer
- "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" Production Design: Dan Hennah; Set Decoration: Ra Vincent and Simon Bright
- "Les Misérables" Production Design: Eve Stewart; Set Decoration: Anna Lynch-Robinson
- "Life of Pi" Production Design: David Gropman; Set Decoration: Anna Pinnock
- "Lincoln" Production Design: Rick Carter; Set Decoration: Jim Erickson
Best animated short film
- "Adam and Dog" Minkyu Lee
- "Fresh Guacamole" PES
- "Head over Heels" Timothy Reckart and Fodhla Cronin O'Reilly
- "Maggie Simpson in "The Longest Daycare"" David Silverman
- "Paperman" John Kahrs
Best live action short film
- "Asad" Bryan Buckley and Mino Jarjoura
- "Buzkashi Boys" Sam French and Ariel Nasr
- "Curfew" Shawn Christensen
- "Death of a Shadow (Dood van een Schaduw)" Tom Van Avermaet and Ellen De Waele
- "Henry" Yan England
Achievement in sound editing
- "Argo" Erik Aadahl and Ethan Van der Ryn
- "Django Unchained" Wylie Stateman
- "Life of Pi" Eugene Gearty and Philip Stockton
- "Skyfall" Per Hallberg and Karen Baker Landers
- "Zero Dark Thirty" Paul N.J. Ottosson
Achievement in sound mixing
- "Argo" John Reitz, Gregg Rudloff and Jose Antonio Garcia
- "Les Misérables" Andy Nelson, Mark Paterson and Simon Hayes
- "Life of Pi" Ron Bartlett, D.M. Hemphill and Drew Kunin
- "Lincoln" Andy Nelson, Gary Rydstrom and Ronald Judkins
- "Skyfall" Scott Millan, Greg P. Russell and Stuart Wilson
Achievement in visual effects
- "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" Joe Letteri, Eric Saindon, David Clayton and R. Christopher White
- "Life of Pi" Bill Westenhofer, Guillaume Rocheron, Erik-Jan De Boer and Donald R. Elliott
- "Marvel's The Avengers" Janek Sirrs, Jeff White, Guy Williams and Dan Sudick
- "Prometheus" Richard Stammers, Trevor Wood, Charley Henley and Martin Hill
- "Snow White and the Huntsman" Cedric Nicolas-Troyan, Philip Brennan, Neil Corbould and Michael Dawson
- "Argo" Screenplay by Chris Terrio
- "Beasts of the Southern Wild" Screenplay by Lucy Alibar & Benh Zeitlin
- "Life of Pi" Screenplay by David Magee
- "Lincoln" Screenplay by Tony Kushner
- "Silver Linings Playbook" Screenplay by David O. Russell
- "Amour" Written by Michael Haneke
- "Django Unchained" Written by Quentin Tarantino
- "Flight" Written by John Gatins
- "Moonrise Kingdom" Written by Wes Anderson & Roman Coppola
- "Zero Dark Thirty" Written by Mark Boal
Lutheran Health Network CEO Brian Bauer received the prestigious Sagamore of the Wabash award at a ceremony Thursday afternoon.
Santa abandoned his traditional sleigh and arrived at Lutheran Children's Hospital in a fire truck.
Fort Wayne Animal Care and Control was busy Thursday afternoon responding to complaints of pets outside. Crews respond to every complaint in the hopes of preventing pets from freezing.
U.S. Census data shows that one Fort Wayne neighborhood is among the poorest in the state, and it the poverty rate has a direct correlation the rising crime statistics.
It was something that was never supposed to happen. A veteran who killed a woman in Indianapolis then took his own life was buried with full military honors. Since that day, the victim's family has been advocating against it.
The house fire affected traffic on U.S. 33 just north of Churubusco for over an hour. All lanes were back open less than two hours after the fire was called in.
Police said speed appeared to be a factor in a crash that all the occupants of the car seriously injured.
Three intersections on the north side of the city will have new left-turn signals that with a flashing yellow arrow. The new signals will be activated in January.
A plan is in the works to move Cindy's Diner from its current location in downtown Fort Wayne to another location one block northwest from its current location. The iconic restaurant has been a fixture downtown since 1990.
Former Komets executive, owner, general manager and coach Ken Ullyot passed away Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013, in Fort Wayne, Indiana, at the age of 92.
The organization claims such legislation would hamper the city's ability to grow economically and that Fort Wayne should be "competitive on a national level and be recognized as a community that thrives on diversity, innovation, and inclusion,”
A state commission seeking ways to improve the lives of Indiana's most vulnerable children is forming a task force to investigate whether there's a link between methamphetamine arrests and child welfare cases.
Scammers are claiming to be from a law enforcement agency and are threatening to arrest victims if they don't pay the fine for an alleged crime or debt.
The free course will go over the laws and regulations about squirrel hunting and will teach attendees how to field dress and prepare squirrels for the table.
The Allen County Sheriff's Department arrested two people for having and making meth on Monday and Wednesday.