File photo of Parkview Field.
Updated: Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 11:49 PM EST
Published : Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 11:49 PM EST
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - Stadium Journey, sports travel publication and website, released their Top 100 sporting venues. Parkview Field was ranked as the #1 ballpark in all of Minor League Baseball and the #13 venue in all of professional sports in their Best of 2011 publication.
“It’s an honor to be recognized in this way,” said TinCaps President, Mike Nutter. “Stadium Journey has become a resource for sports fans across the country due to their extensive listings and rankings of sports venues. To be ranked as the best in Minor League Baseball is truly significant. To be listed as the #13 overall venue, among some of the most highly regarded facilities in all of sports, is a testament to the quality of Parkview Field and the way this community has embraced the ballpark.”
“We considered 754 venues for our Best of 2011 publication,” stated Paul Swaney, Editor and Co- Founder of Stadium Journey. “Parkview Field was literally the first Minor League ballpark we visited as part of our rankings and it set the standard. The apple theme throughout the ballpark, and being located in the heart of downtown Fort Wayne, created a complete thematic experience and the perfect way for the team and the ballpark to be a part of the community.”
“If you ran a minor league team and you were taking a test on how to build a minor league park, this would be the paper you would want to cheat off of. Parkview Field is the Stadium Journey Best Minor League Baseball venue for 2011. Make the trip to Fort Wayne and you’ll see why.” (quote from www.stadiumjourney.com review of Parkview Field)
Stadium Journey’s Top 10 Minor League Baseball venues
1. Parkview Field – Fort Wayne TinCaps – Fort Wayne, Indiana
2. Montgomery Riverwalk Stadium – Montgomery Biscuits – Montgomery, Alabama
3. BB&T Coastal Field – Myrtle Beach Pelicans – Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
4. MCU Park – Brooklyn Cyclones – Brooklyn, New York
5. Daniel S. Frawley Stadium – Wilmington Blue Rocks – Wilmington, Delaware
6. Coca-Cola Park – Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs – Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
7. The Epicenter – Rancho Cucamonga Quakes – Rancho Cucamonga, California
8. Arrowhead Credit Union Park – Inland Empire 66ers – San Bernadino, California
9. Fifth Third Field – Dayton Dragons – Dayton, Ohio
10. Appalachian Power Park – West Virginia Power – Charleston, West Virginia
Ground rules for posting comments: No profanity or personal attacks. No racially charged comments. If it's not something you would say to someone's face, it's most likely inappropriate. Please comment on the subject of the story itself. If you do not follow these rules, we will remove your post. Repeat offenders will be banned from making future comments. Keep it civil, folks! WANE is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section.