Fort Wayne Komets
Updated: Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012, 3:07 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012, 3:07 PM EDT
FORT WAYNE, Ind. - The Komets announced Wednesday that 10 more players have been added to the training camp roster. All are invitees to the Komet camp except defenseman Scott Kishel, who has agreed to terms with the Komets for 2012-13.
Kishel, 23, is expected to make his pro debut with the Komets after completing four seasons at the University of Minnesota-Duluth last year. In 82 games Kishel posted 26 assists and totaled 29 points during his college career with Minnesota-Duluth and was a member of the 2011 National Champion Bulldogs. The Virginia, Minnesota native was selected by Montreal in round seven of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Players added to the Komet preseason roster on tryouts Wednesday are:
• John Dunbar , forward, skated last season with Quinnipiac University in the ECAC.
• Matt Atsoff , forward, skated four seasons with University of Massachusettes-Boston 2007-2011. Posted 18 goals and 31 points lat season with Brooklyn in the FHL (Federal Hockey League).
• Seth Ronsberg , forward, was scouted by Komet head coach Al Sims at the Hockey World Camp in Toronto. Posted 25 goals and 42 points in 58 games last season with Alexandria of the NAHL.
• Linus Werneman , forward from Sweden who also attended the Hockey World Camp in Toronto.
• Nicolas Thommen , defenseman from Switzerland, also souted by Komet head coach Al Sims at the Hockey World Camp in Toronto.
• Daniel Nycholat , defenseman, made his pro appearance last season playing four games with Las Vegas in the ECHL.
• Larkin Saalfrank , goaltender and native of Fort Wayne. Served as emergency backup goaltender for the Komets last year in one game and participated in Komet practices.
• Francois Lacerte , goaltender, appeared the past four seasons in the QMJHL. Posted a 3.57 goals-against average, .891 save percentage and 23-27-10 record in 65 games last year with Gatineau.
• Jeff Rose , goaltender, backstopped Louisiana, Pensacola and Fayetteville last season with stints in the SPHL.
The addition of 10 players Wednesday brings the Fort Wayne training camp roster to 31 players including 17 forwards, nine defensemen and five goaltenders. The Komet camp begins on the ice Saturday, Sept. 29 at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum.
Komets slate two preseason tuneups-- The Komets have scheduled a pair of exhibition home games against the Evansville IceMen at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. The Komets will face the IceMen Saturday, Oct. 6 at 7:30pm and again Sunday, Oct. 7 at 5pm.
Season home opener Oct. 12-- The Komets will make their ECHL debut on Friday, Oct. 12 when they host the Kalamazoo Wings at 8pm. The Komets' 61st anniversary season will feature 36 home games and 36 road games. Start times for Komet home games remain unchanged from last year; Monday thru Thursday and Saturday games start at 7:30pm, Friday games faceoff at 8pm and Sunday games start at 5pm.
Ground rules for posting comments: No profanity or personal attacks. No racially charged comments. If it's not something you would say to someone's face, it's most likely inappropriate. Please comment on the subject of the story itself. If you do not follow these rules, we will remove your post. Repeat offenders will be banned from making future comments. Keep it civil, folks! WANE is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section.