FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) – Representatives from 3Rivers Credit Union signed the last piece of steel that will be installed in the organization’s new 26,000 square-foot headquarters Thursday.
According to 3Rivers, the new building, which is located at the corner of Lima Road and Northgate Boulevard in Fort Wayne, is one piece of a two-part, $15 million project that will also include the renovation of the existing corporate office.
The company said its new development is one of the largest construction projects in northeast Indiana and will allow 3Rivers to grow its employment at its headquarters to 150, a 50% increase.
When the new building is completed, which is estimated to be in November 2012, the current offices will be remodeled for the additional personnel by May 2013.
Both of the facilities will then be incorporated into a campus-like setting and will include a site landscaping design with maximized green open space, casual outdoor seating areas and even a walking trail.
3Rivers said the new headquarters is the cornerstone their goal to build relationships with its members through innovative service experiences.
Additional building details:
• Designed to meet the United States Green Building Council LEED Silver Certification Level
• Structurally supported by 107 tons of locally fabricated steel
• Contains state-of-the-art electrical and mechanical systems for increased energy efficiency, user controllability and system lifespan
• Window and roof clerestory systems will provide increased natural lighting and views of the outdoors for the improved comfort of the building occupants
• Break-out meeting and collaboration spaces, connected to advanced IT and Audiovisual systems, will enhance the ability of the occupants to communicate quickly and efficiently