FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) - According to the March 2013 Call Letter newsletter, Indiana Broadcasters Association (IBA) scholarship donations from Indiana television and radio stations were $16,250 to the 2013 Scholarship Fund. To that amount the IBA Board will add $15,750 bringing the total for Scholarships to over $32,000 for 2013. Seventy-two high school applications and 52 College/University applications were submitted this year.
High School Recipients ($1,000)
- Lucas Corley of New Albany H.S. in Floyds Knobs will be attending Indiana University
- Makayla Dillard of Knox Community H.S. in Knox will be attending Ball State University
- Katie Halliwell of Lafayette Jefferson H.S. in Lafayette will be attending Indiana University
- Michaila Nate of Plymouth H.S. in Plymouth will be attending Indiana University
- Jevin Redman of Mt. Vernon H.S. in Mt. Vernon will be attending University of Southern Indiana
- Evan Wilks of Franklin Central H.S. in Indianapolis will be attending University of Indianapolis
College/University Recipients ($2,000)
- Michael Harris of Frankfort at Ball State University
- Tyler McClure of Newburgh at University of Southern Indiana
College/University Recipients ($3,000)
- Michael Behrens of Lebanon at Ball State University
- Olivia Covington of Indianapolis at Franklin College
- Kayla McCarty of Indianapolis at University of Southern Indiana
- Luke Secaur of Warsaw at Taylor University
- Cassandra Smith of Fortville at Indiana University
- Ethan Wells of Anderson at Anderson University
- Jenna Whalen of Crawfordsville at University of Indianapolis
For more information about the Indiana Broadcasters Association, visit the website .
A man was injured after being trapped inside of a hole at a construction site for around 20 minutes on Monday afternoon. Police said he was up to his knees in dirt before crews were able to dig him out.
A Fort Wayne man was arrested after he apparently threw an alcoholic drink on his pregnant girlfriend and then hit her in the ear while her two small children were asleep in the home.
Police have charged six people and are still looking for one woman they believe is living in the Fort Wayne area. She faces meth dealing charges.
A Fort Wayne man is facing eight charges after he spit on a police officer who arrested him. He also spit on nurses and other officers while being treated at a local hospital.
Fort Wayne area firefighters, police officers, and EMT's are competing in the annual Battle of the Badges blood drive this holiday season.
Indiana residents receiving food stamps will begin receiving their monthly benefits on new dates under a state law approved earlier this year.
Police have identified a person of interest in Sunday’s stabbing outside of a home on Bluebird Court, off of St. Joe Road.
Police in Indianapolis say a seventh-grade boy has died after apparently collapsing and being found face down in the snow.
Police are looking for a white man who is 6'0" to 6'2" with a thin build they say robbed a CVS in November. He may have been driving a gray or dark green Ford SUV.
Police from several agencies have responded to multiple crashes overnight due to slick roads from a wintry mix that moved through the area late Sunday and early Monday morning.
A rural Angola man faces six felony charges for allegedly sexually assaulting a 26-year-old woman.
A local family wants help in making sure their loved one's murderer stays in prison.
Police said a man barricaded himself inside of a home on Genessee Avenue early Sunday morning for more than two hours after threatening to commit suicide.
Detectives believe a three-year-old boy may have shot himself at a home in Indianapolis Saturday night. Police said the shooting appears to have been accidental.
There will be several holiday-themed events this weekend in the Fort Wayne area, including Christmas displays, children’s parties, visits from Santa Claus, and more.